A court-appointed receiver’s responsibility is to comply with the court’s order(s), carefully analyze each case, identify and implement the best and most cost-effective administrative solution, and preserve and protect receivership estate assets. FedReceiver’s experienced team does just that. State and federal court-appointed receivers, CEO James H. Donell, CPM® CCIM, President Stephen J. Donell, CPM® CCIM ARM® CCRM, Executive Vice President Todd Donell, CPM® CCIM, and Sarah R. Bates have decades of experience successfully administering hundreds of cases throughout the United States.
At FedReceiver® we have a team of seasoned professionals who understand receivership law and practice, the need for immediate property/business takeovers and the importance of proper communication with all parties, especially the court. From full-service forensic accounting, asset seizure, valuation and liquidation, to real property management and brokerage services provided through affiliate Jalmar Properties, Inc. AMO®, FedReceiver® is committed to the efficient control and administration of each case.
Whether the case is large or small, complex or straightforward, our team knows how to streamline the process in order to ensure a cost-effective and positive outcome. FedReceiver® has the capability to administer all types of cases, including the following:
- Rents, issues & profits: Arising out of the enforcement of a deed of trust or mortgage, a receiver may be appointed to take possession of real property in order to protect and preserve the asset and to secure and collect rents during a judicial foreclosure action. Property types include office, industrial, multifamily, residential, retail, self-storage, RV parks and other specialty properties.
- Government enforcement actions: For over 25 years, our receivers have administered cases involving government enforcement actions encompassing more than 25,000 defrauded investors/creditors, and more than $1 billion in investor funds raised worldwide through Ponzi schemes and other fraudulent investment vehicles.
- Equity/Business:A receiver may be appointed to take possession of loan collateral, ultimately leading to potential sale, liquidation and/or turnaround of the business.
- Judgment enforcement: A remedy available to judgment creditors is to seek the appointment of a receiver in aid of execution of a judgment. Post judgment receivers can take many steps to collect a judgment. These steps typically include liquidation of the judgment debtor’s assets to satisfy the judgment creditor’s claim.
- Restaurant management and asset disposition:FedReceiver® has experience providing receivership and asset disposition services in cases involving operating restaurant businesses.
- Marital dissolution:In order to protect the property of a litigant in a family law dispute, a receiver may be appointed to preserve and protect the estate against dissipation of community property, including the liquidation of such assets.
- Partnership dissolution:FedReceiver® enforces charging orders for the collection of money against partnership interests.
- Sub-standard housing:Our receivers have extensive experience involving compliance issues and the rehabilitation of sub-standard housing.
- Medical:Our receivers understand how businesses work within the medical industry, and can competently provide receivership and asset disposition services.
- Gas stations/convenience stores:Affiliate Petroleum Capital Advisors provides full-service real estate/business management, legal services geared toward petroleum/c-store and/or car wash assets, and brokerage services.
- Hotels/motels:Our receivers have been appointed over and successfully administered numerous cases involving hotel/motel properties.
- Construction Completion:FedReceiver® has successfully completed the construction and sale of hundreds of properties including single family residential, improved residential subdivision lots, residential condominiums and commercial office buildings. Our team handles and/or oversees all aspects of entitlements, permitting, construction completion, insurance and the court-approved sale of the properties.
- Adult Living Facilities Receiverships:Properties such as senior housing, assisted living communities, Alzheimer and dementia care facilities operate as certified Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE). Our receivers help protect these business operations and ensure that they comply with the Community Care Licensed Division (CCLD), a division of the Health and Human Services Agency Department of Social Services.